We’ve rebranded from CaptureOneBlog.com to AlexOnRAW.com.
It’s only the name that is going to change; our content will always stay the same: the most interesting news about Capture One, reviews of all the latest updates and the best deals from Capture One community.
Capture One 8.3 is the third major update to Capture One 8 providing new features, bug fixes, stability improvements, cameras and lens support.
Modernized Capture Tool and updated Camera Settings Tool
Phase One designed completely new User Interface for Capture Tool and added also some new handy features to Camera Settings Tool.
Now you can set AF Modes, Synchronization, Bracketing and dozens of other camera settings directly from Capture One.
IQ Style Grid Modes
IQ Style Grid Modes – another great feature of Capture One 8.3. With IQ Style Grid you can set different types of overlay grids: Golden Ratio, 3×3, 4×3, Center Cross, Rectangular or Fibonacci Spiral.
Full Update Features List:
• New high performance tethering engine (Mac)
• Modernized Capture tool
• Camera settings tool
• IQ style grid modes
• Tethering and file support: PhaseOne IQ3 50MP
• Tethering and file support: PhaseOne IQ3 60MP
• Tethering and file support: PhaseOne IQ3 80MP
• Preliminary file support for Canon 5DS
• Preliminary file support for Canon 5DS R
• File support for Olympus TG-4
• DNG 1.4 support
• Schneider Kreuznach Macro LS 120mm f/4.0
• Nikon AF‐S NIKKOR 28mm f/1.8G
• Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8GED
• (Mac) Fixed: Crash when changing workspace
• (Mac) Fixed: Output naming token for image date returned error
• (Mac) Fixed: Auto crop issue drawing proxies on restart in CH edition
• (Mac) Fixed: Pink highlights in Canon 70D files
• (Mac) Fixed: Focus mask not shown in some zoom levels
• (Mac) Fixed: Issue without putting pure white with Open CL enabled
• (Mac) Stability fixes and improvements
• (Win) Fixed: Selection issues with Ctrl+Arrow, Ctrl+A shortcuts
• (Win) Fixed: An issue with the clipboard and purple fringing
• (Win) Fixed: Persist the “original crop” mode after re-launch
• (Win) Fixed: Localization issues with Chinese and Japanese characters
• (Win) Fixed: A location issue when outputting using digit counter
• (Win) Over 30 other small bug fixes and improvements
• (Win) Stability fixes and improvements