Today Phase One released Capture One Pro 10.2. We are used to seeing a number of new features in such major updates, but Capture One 10.2 is developed to support the new Phase One IQ3 100MP Trichromatic Digital back and Phase One iXG camera.
That doesn’t sound pretty exciting; however, there are few additional reasons not to skip the new release.
First of all, Capture One 10.2 delivers lots of bug fixes, that’s always nice! Plus there is quite a noticeable improvement to Styles tool, regardless of it not being mentioned in the official release notes. Now it works faster and smoother.
You will also find support for new cameras (Canon 6D mkII, Nikon D850, yay!) and new lenses in Capture One 10.2.
Here is the full update feature list:
Phase One iXG camera support
If you think that Phase One is a Capture One company, you have missed the lion’s share of their production that prepared a base for a such a fantastic RAW processing app.The point is that besides the software, Phase One are developing medium format cameras, digital backs and professional solutions for industrial and cultural heritage photography.
The new iXG camera was built for work in museums and archives, where the quality and accuracy of the image is everything.
That’s why the processing in Capture One delivers such a stunning result; it was developed not by the software-only company, but with a strong hardware background as well.
New Cameras Support
• Phase One IQ3 100MP Trichromatic
• Phase One IQ3 100MP Achromatic
• Phase One iXG 100MP Achro
• Phase One iXG 50MP
• Phase One iXU-1000 Achro
• Phase One iXU-RS1000 Achro
• Canon 200D
• Canon 6D mkII
• Canon 77D
• Canon 77D support
• Canon 800D support
• Canon M6 support
• Leica M Monochrome
• Leica M10 (Preliminary)
• Leica M-P
• Nikon D7500
• Nikon D850
• Olympus TG-5
New Lens Support
• Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS II USM
• Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
• Canon EF 24-105mm f4-5.6 IS STM
• Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
• Canon EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM
• Leica Elmar-M 24mm f/3.8 ASPH
• Leica Summilux-M 21mm f1.4 ASPH
• Leica Summilux-M 24mm f/1.4 ASPH
• Leica Super-Elmar-M 18mm f3.8 ASPH
• Leica Super-Elmar-M 21mm f/3.4 ASPH
• Leica Tri-Elmar-M 16-18-21mm f/4 ASPH
• Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 12mm f/1.4 ASPH (H-X012)
• Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 8-18mm f/2.8-4 ASPH (H-E08018)
• Panasonic LUMIX G Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH Power OIS (H-NS043)
• Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm f/4-5.6 II POWER O.I.S. (H-FSA1003004A)
• Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm f/4-5.6 II POWER O.I.S. (H-FSA45200)
• Pentax DA 18-50mm f4-5.6 DC WR RE
• Sony E 18–200 mm F3.5–6.3 OSS LE (SEL18200LE)
• Sony FE 12-24mm f4 G (SEL1224G)
• Sony FE 16-35mm f2.8 GM (SEL1635GM)
• Sony Vario-Sonnar T DT 16–80 mm F3.5-4.5 ZA (SAL1680Z)
Oh, and don’t forget the classic Capture One life hack: trial period resets after each major update. That’s why if you have tried the previous version, but you need some more time to test it before purchasing Capture One you can install the 10.2 release and have an additional 30 days trial.
Save 10% on Capture One 10
For all the readers of Alex on RAW, a 10% discount for Capture One Pro 10 license is now available.
It works equally well for a full version of Capture One Pro 10 or an upgrade.
How it works?
1) At Phase One on-line store click “Add to cart” to purchase Capture One Pro 10.
2) At Check Out page enter this special code AMBC1BLOG, select “USE VOUCHER” and you will immediately gain 10% discount.
Learn more about Capture One
If you’re new to Capture One and thinking about migration from Lightroom or any other software, I would like to recommend you to read
my article “10 reasons to switch to Capture One”.
It shows the features which I didn’t include in this article, but they made Capture One such a fantastic tool for photographers as it is now.
Bug fixes Capture One 10.2 Mac
• Fixed an issue where mounted Network shares caused performance issues
• Various crashes and hangs
• Various Localization errors
• Capturing tethered error due to “/” in capture naming
• ‘Including existing adjustments’ is broken while importing in a catalog
• Live View with CMOS IQ back behaves strangely between Fit and <100% • If filtering by a keyword then removing that keyword the filter remains active • Lens correction movement tool has no effect • Sub folder path does not work in 10.1 process tokens • Rotation adjustments are not saved in user styles • Event log viewer’s list view flows under the detail panel • Localization errors • Clicking a token in Naming Format gets a black line around it • Default workspace not saved after closing CO • Cursor tool shortcuts are lost when using a custom keyboard shortcut set and switching licenses • Catalog Import imports trashed pictures • Moving all variants to Trash, no warning • Catalog has “Empty Session Trash” in File menu • Duplicated styles do not reflect same adjustments • Saving a Style disables orange tick mark on applied Style • If Recipe text watermark contains /, upon relaunch the / is removed • Before/after slow with masks • Create album from rating does not work in localized versions • Import Counter starts at 2 • Processing a RAW to Tiff 16bit results in no thumbnail and black preview
Bug fixes Capture One 10.2 Windows
• Various crashes and hangs
• Path Loss when Moving sessions / Moving a session makes images appear on-line
• Lens correction movement tool has no effect
• If filtering by a keyword then removing that keyword the filter remains active
• Customized Workspace tools not remembered on first save
• Watermark cursor tool does not work initially
• Dragging & dropping a single style into CO does not work
• Slow performance when applying a style with a lot of adjustments
• The video links in the help menu don’t point to the right URLs
• Unable to empty catalog trash if files are not available / Empty trash fails
• Mask displaying while drawing a gradient even though “Never display mask” set
• Saving an User Style collapses all style folders
• Input and output values not updating correctly in Curves window
• Save Workspace does not save multiple identical tools in the same tool tab
Author – Alexander Svet
Alexander Svet – professional photographer and specialist in image processing.
Phase One Certified Professional and Capture One trainer.
Capture One Film Styles Set
«Capture One Film Styles» is a set of 100 styles for Capture One.
Create a “film” color in Capture One using all the power of RAW without any special plugins.
Film Styles Set is fully compatible with new Capture One Pro 10.