Summer. Hot summer.
That’s a perfect time for another episode of “things you don’t know about Capture One.”
And, you know what? We’ll talk only about the Alt key today. Yep, this single key is full of hidden features in Capture One.
1. Before/After comparison
Each tool in Capture One has a reset button:
Normally, it just resets the tool. But click-and-hold it while holding the Alt key and you will reset your settings temporarily. A great trick to observe an effect of a particular tool on your image.
Want to reset all the editing temporarily? Hold the Alt key and click-and-hold global reset button:
2. Reverse action
You can also use the Alt key to reverse cursor tools action.
Here are some examples of how it works:
- Zoom-in cursor tool: hold the Alt key to turn it into Zoom-out
- Straighten Rotation switches to Rotate Freehand; Rotate Left to Rotate Right
- Pick Normalize reverses to Apply Normalize with the Alt key
- Copy Adjustments cursor switches to Apply Adjustments
3. Add additional filters
Filters in Capture One is a great tool to navigate through thousands of images in your archive.
By default, you can filter images by any single characteristic (rating, color tag, format, date, camera settings), but by using the Alt key, you can set several filters simultaneously.
For example, you can filter images by rating and color tag. Or add some keywords to the search.
BTW, in Filters preferences, you can set the rule for the multiple criteria search:
Want to receive a new Capture One tip each week? Subscribe to AlexOnRAW newsletter!
Each issue of the newsletter contains:
- Latest news from Capture One community
- Reading of the week
- Capture One tip of the week
- A free RAW file for practice
It’s absolutely free, and I promise not to send emails more often than once a week!
Save 10% on Capture One 11 – use code AMBC1BLOG
The code is valid for:
- Full Capture One Pro 11 license (you save $29.90)
- Capture One Pro 11 + Styles bundle (you save $35.42)
- Capture One Pro Sony 11 (you save $7.90)
- All the upgrades (save up to $12.00)
- Phase One Styles (save up to $46.30)
- Capture One Pro 11 – 5 users license (you save $73.90)
- Capture One Pro 11 – 10 users license (you save $144.90)
1) At Phase One on-line store click “BUY NOW” to purchase the Full License of Capture One: Pro, Pro Sony or Pro + Styles bundle.
2) In the payment window click “Enter Promotional Code” and enter this special code AMBC1BLOG, select “Apply” and you will immediately gain 10% discount